Saturday, April 26, 2008

of kiasuism

just watched malaysian dreamgirls epi 14..haha yes i know im slow but wth:P


i cant stand nadia's kiasuism. its overwhelming. just by listening to what she has to say irritated me to the very core.


i cant stand kiasu ppl. each time i come across one i wana beat them up into a pulp and toss it into the sewage. in fact, ive wanted to do that on many occasions. a hint of kiasuism is healthy as motivation, but when it affects ppl around u pls just die and disappear. or lock urself in an empty room where we dont have to hear or see you.


Kiasuism really brings out the ugliest in ppl sometimes. Back in school, i would be lying if i say im not kiasu at all. I was. But only cos i wanted to meet the expectations ive set for myself. Not those kind where i run around the class comparing my marks with every single being in the class. I only do that with my partner sitting next to me or those within my vicinity.haha. If i do well, i'll thank God, if i dont, then i'll remind myself that it could've been worse.


Growing up, i guess ive not changed much. I still dont run around the place worrying and comparing my results, knowledge or material stuffs with others. I just dont see the point. Having 10 marks higher than others does not make u any smarter ( altho sadly to say we were all brought up in a country where good grades=smartass) nor having a Coach handbag will make you seem any richer.( ok, it does, to a certain extent :P but u know what i mean).


But imagine if u are surrounded with people who makes sure he/she has everything u have, know the same amount of information as you do or more and constantly worrying and stressing up cos he/she is shy of probably 1 insignificant mark from the people he/she knows in exams. It is ironic cos sometimes u end up consoling the person even though u probably did worse than him/her. Cmon already, ur grades does not reflect how good you are in applying your knowledge. Not when we're still bounded by a system where the more u can regurgitate, the better student you are.


Anyhow, there's nothing wrong with wanting to get good results, but it's definitely terrifying if you're greedy, kiasu, and you cannot appreciate what you have. i guess people hungry for recognition are never going to be satisfied with what they have. They will probably succeed, but will they be truly happy?

Remember that even if you win the rat race, you're still a RAT.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiasuim...
Well, I guess every IMU students has it.I mean we can't run away from mixing with Kiasu person.
But, is not our problems. "You Kiasu, Its your problems!" as long as it doesn't affects us.
Some even KiaSi - scared of death. (Come on!, Everyone do given birth and of course, no matter how we have to die. There's no immortal.)

Afraid will just not helping you to move forwards. Just dare to try, dare to speaks and dare to takes up the blames esp when you are wrong. And this is the true Hero. Just like Malaysia's Ex-health Minister. The Hero, the pride of Malaysia...Dare to do it and dare to admits.. A good examples for certain rubber's company..

huiyin said...

who is this mr.almacazador?
duno whats kinda craps is thats ending words with 's'.
LOL

huiyen said...

hie mr almacazador,

yes, i guess we'll have to live with it no matter what..hehe

do i know u btw?

just curious:)

gobi said...

MR almacazador . U ARE WRONG !!!

not all imu student are kiasu especially the indian guy in my batch .

i think all JPA's r kiasu .

i also think ppl who r cleverer than me r kiasu .

3/4 of my batch mate r kiasu.

when i hear someone from our batch calling someone else kiasu . i laugh myself . it sound to me like this ' gagak memanggil arang hitam'


' a raju or ali or ah seng calling himself mr almacazador ' is also kiasu . changing name doesnt make someone better than everyone else


gagak oh gagak


word verification : btiscino

# maybe i shall call myself Mr btiscino . will girls dig that?

huiyen said...

Gobi dear,

u said..
'when i hear someone from our batch calling someone else kiasu . i laugh myself . it sound to me like this ' gagak memanggil arang hitam'

u just did that.by saying..
'i think all JPA's r kiasu'

pls do not contradict yourself. have a clear mind, and soul too..

the more u hate the jpas the more ure gonna end up marrying one.and all ur kids are gonna be jpas.hows that?LOL

*Jac* said...

Haha! What's with u, Gobi and hating JPA so much hmm??

Btw,
Hi Hui Yen!!!
Missed me? ;P

yieng said...

lol. gobi. i think girls totally dig mr btiscino. they dig their way out! lol. haha. kiasu or not kiasu, everyone is one. admit it only la..

huiyen said...

yes..everybody is kiasu.its just a matter of how u express it..

and yieng, i saw some manU lugagges today..sooo tempted to get it..hehe..theyre very pweety..jelessla..u buy ady..haha

Anonymous said...

HUIYEN! yes!i totally agree with the last thing you said:'even if you win the rat race you are still a RAT'!! HAHAH SQUEAK OFF!!!!

K@ren said...

gobi,
y r u alwiz against JPA ?

not all imu student are kiasu especially the indian guy in my batch .

i think all JPA's r kiasu .

i also think ppl who r cleverer than me r kiasu .

3/4 of my batch mate r kiasu.

when i hear someone from our batch calling someone else kiasu . i laugh myself . it sound to me like this ' gagak memanggil arang hitam'


ahahhaah... dont u tink ure childish ?
come on lar, the more u justify urself the more kiasu i tink u r

huiyin said...

why is gobi so quiet already?
hmm...